Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wow, it's been a while!

I am such a blog slacker. So, ok, we'll try this again. I'll start this year off with a pic of my go-to meal for the last couple of weeks. Scrambled tofu. I have had this every day for 2 weeks straight.



This is made with a block of tofu, *rinsed, pressed, cubed* then fried up in a dry skillet (or sometimes with just a spray of olive oil).
When browned, I add some chopped mushrooms, green onions, roasted garlic, chopped spinach, sometimes a bit of jalepeno pepper, and let that cook for a few minutes.

Then I add some soy sauce, turmeric, dry mustard, thyme, pepper, and nutritional yeast flakes and let that cook in for a bit.

It's not the most appealing looking meal, but it sure is tasty!

1 comment:

Mara said...

i was totally just thinking about you!! Welcome back!