The Lexen Healthy Juicer Contest 877MyJuicer.com and Lexen Healthy Juicer are giving away one Lexen Healthy Juicer to a Hangry Pants reader. Both bloggers and non-bloggers will have several opportunities to win. Here are the ways:
(1) Comment: Leave a comment, any comment, on this post.
(2) Have a Blog? Earn Two Additional Entries by posting about the contest on your blog.
(3) No Blog? Earn an extra entry by emailing us at HangryPants@gmail.com with the subject line: Healthy Juicer.
(4) Referral: Get someone new to enter the contest and list you as the referrer in his/her comment.
The contest will run until March 30th when we will randomly choose a winner. Good luck!
Edited To Add: The contest is for U.S. residents only, but we forgot to say that, so if a non-U.S. resident is chosen, we will send you something else fun.
Tonight's dinner: Hummus and Veggies. Although I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, my Vita-Mix, hummus is a definite NAY, NAY. It pulverizes it, and I like my hummus with actual texture. I usually use (and will continue to use) my little Braun hand mixer:
There are a million Hummus recipes floating around out there , and here's another one:
1 can Garbanzo beans (S & W Organic) 1/4 c. liquid (water, veggie broth, the bean water from the can, what-have-you) 1/8 c. olive oil 1/8 c. FRESH lemon juice sea salt to taste California Style Garlic Powder to taste pinch of cayenne pepper 2 Tbsp. Tahini (organic, roasted, MaraNatha if you can find it)
Method: Throw all ingredients in your food processor and blend to desired consistency.
I will sometimes add cilantro, or fresh garlic instead of powder, or a dash of chipotle sauce.
What yummy sorbet this thing makes. I really want to come up with a Lemon Ice (like those MinuteMaid Frozen Lemonaide treats). That is my favorite summer/ballpark treat. But for now, this will totally do.
Here are her contest rules (copied from her blog):
There are two ways to enter your name into the drawing:
1. Mention the giveaway on your own blog, with a link back to this post. Then leave me a comment on this post to let me know you’ve done so, and I’ll enter your name into the drawing. If you don’t have a blog, just leave me a comment on this post saying you don’t have a blog but would still like to be entered into the drawing.
2. I wanted to do something to celebrate the fact that—finally—my recipes are all in order (a big feat for a scatterbrain like me). So… if you make a CCV recipe and blog about it, then leave me a comment telling me you did so, your name will go into the drawing THREE more times!
Entries must be in by March 19th. I’ll pick a random winner and announce it April 2nd. The contest is open to ALL readers, all over the world (as long as you have an address to which I can ship the box). I’d never want to leave out my foreign friends!!
I'm so excited about my anniversary gift! So far I've made fruit smoothies, that everyone drank (this is HUGE as my 14yo son isn't big on fruits and veggies and my hubby is even worse), and mango ice cream and strawberry ice cream. No pics though, we wolfed it down to quickly.
I can't wait to try the tortilla soup tomorrow. Oh, and a nut butter or two.
This is going to be such a great gadget to have come next month. I asked my kids what they wanted to do in honor of Earth Day next month, and after much deliberation they decided to go vegetarian for the whole month. Currently they are meat-free for the first 2 meals of the day, but then the boys will eat meat with hubby for dinner (dd isn't a big meat anyway). Yay!!
************************************************************************************* I had to edit to add a pic of the lovely plant hubby gave me as well. Happy 16th Hon!!
I'm a 40 year old, homeschooling mom of 3 (<------ insert bone chilling music here). I enjoy my family, movies, books, and vegan living. I'm always up for new recipes that will entice my family to my way of eating.